A top selling gluten-free binding agent derived from fermented corn sugar. Xanthan gum is a typical ingredient found in yogurt, ice cream, and salad dressing for its thickening, stabilizing, and emulsifying properties. In gluten-free baking, Xanthan Gum is used as a gluten replacement, as it gives dough a similar "stickiness" that gluten-free flours lack on its own.
- BASIC INSTRUCTIONS:
- Breads - 1 to 1 1/2 tsp per cup of flour
- Pizza Crusts - 2 tsp per cup of flour
- Salad Dressings - 1/8 to 1/4 tsp per cup of liquid
- Cookies & Cakes - 1/4 tsp per cup of flour
- Muffins & Quick Breads - 3/4 tsp per cup of flour
- Thickener for Sauces - 1 tsp in place of each tablespoon of original thickener
Buy this product by the case and save up to 10% over purchasing them individually!
SKU: 4605 Xanthan Gum (5.93oz. pkg)
STORAGE: This is a dry product and does not require refrigeration or freezing. Opened or unopened, this product should be stored in a cool, dry area and has a 3 year shelf life from the production date.
USE BY DATE: Expiration date is embedded on the top of every box and is read as Month Day Year (e.g. 010110 means product will expire on January 1st 2010).