Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Sandwich
The elements of hummus updated to provide texture freshness and heartiness. This vibe can also be used as a “Mock Chicken Salad” or “Un Tuna Salad” approach if the chickpeas are chopped up a bit more.
- 4 Slices Ener-G Gluten-Free Multigrain
- 15.5 oz can of chickpeas
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 4 mini sweet peppers, diced
- ¼ cup diced Kalamata olives
- Leaf lettuce, washed and patted dry
- Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon Tahini
- 6-8 basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Tahini Lemon Basil Dressing
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve liquid. In a food processor bowl add the dressing ingredients and process until smooth. Add chickpeas and pulse to roughly chop to the desired consistency.
- Remove the blade from the processor bowl and add in diced veggies, stirring by hand to incorporate vegetables. If the chickpea salad needs moisture, add a tablespoon of water, or a tablespoon of the reserved chickpea liquid, until your preferred consistency is achieved.
- Scoop half the chickpea salad mixture onto a slice of Ener-G Multigrain bread. Top chickpea salad with sliced Roma tomatoes and leaf lettuce then top with another slice of Ener-G Multigrain bread and enjoy!
Make a second sandwich to enjoy with a friend or store the remaining Chickpea salad for up to 3 days in a sealed container.